DMK Management Kit
The free tool for infrastructure administrators
The cost-free DMK Management Kit is the perfect tool for infrastructure administrators on Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL and middleware WebLogic applications server. It is a platform-independent and standardized script collection for Unix/Linux and Windows based environments. Numerous dbi services customers trust in DMK to build a reliable and stable infrastructure and make administration even more efficient! The DMK Management Kit allows to easily carry out various administration tasks:
- Setting up of Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL(MongoDB, Cassandra) databases environments
- Enabling and disabling database components (start/stop)
- Building/Managing Oracle Weblogic environments
- Automatic checking of relevant database settings
- Intelligent log file purging
- Remote log file viewing with colorization
You do not want to invest too much time in the installation or maintenance of DMK? In this case, you should profit from our flexible [DMK Support Level Agreements!]
Safe & efficient infrastructure administration
dbi services knows from first-hand experience what challenges infrastructure administrators are confronted with. This is why the perl-based DMK Management Kit offers infrastructure administrators a simple, safe and speedy way to manage infrastructure operations:
- Simple, through ready-to-use scripts maintained by dbi services
- Safe, with automated operations to avoid errors
- Speedy, thanks to a fast navigation across directory structures
Why DMK is cost-free for our customers
Good news: there are no license costs for DMK! We install this efficient and proven infrastructure tool for our clients because it guarantees a consistent deployment at all customer sites. All customer experiences are collected and used to improve its quality. The first DMK installation must be performed by dbi services consultants. Afterwards, the customer himself can upgrade existing installations or install the tool on new servers.
DMK Management Kit: utilities and features
DMK High Availability
With the Oracle Data Guard monitoring tool DMK High Availablity, DBAs have a starting point for troubleshooting on the database and data guard broker level. They can also perform complex checks:
- Are the database archive logs transferred and applied correctly?
- Are both instances synchronous?
- Are the flashback areas running out of space?
DMK SQL features performance analyses, database structure reviews and other evaluations based on SQL scripts. It generates user-friendly HTML reports that help optimize the database’s effectiveness.
DMK Database Creation
DMK Create Database helps DBAs in the creation of databases with Oracle’s Database Configuration Assistant using Optimal Flexible Architecture and best practices.
DMK Database Backup
With the flexible and proven DMK Backup utility, DBAs are able to:
- Easily switch Oracle RMAN parameters
- Change the backup mode while profiting from an efficient monitoring, such as an extended error handling
- Perform post-backup actions
- Send e-mails with the entire log file in attachment
DMK MSSQL administration module
DMK for Microsoft SQL Server, known as DMK MSSQL, is a flexible and convenient tool for database administrators. PowerShell-based, this self-made application includes key components built on our expertise, such as SQL scripts or our dbi Tail.
DMK for Microsoft SQL Server is composed of three essential and helpful modules.
The administration module gives an easy and fast access to the main information of your environment:
- Server (computer description, operating system information, resources availability)
- Instance (main options, databases overview, and service configuration)
- Database (main options)
This complete module integrates the SQL CMD utility which allows to query your SQL Server instance, while handling the database context.
And this is not all: DMK MSSQL contains several useful self-made functionalities, such as the dbi Tail which allows to display the SQL Server error log output in real-time.
DMK MSSQL maintenance module
The maintenance module provides a smart way to maintain your database environments according to the best practices. In addition, our solution can be adapted to any environment whether you administrate a standalone server or a more complex environment (like a SQL Server failover instance or an availability group). Among all the tool capabilities you will be able to:
- Either include or exclude a database, an index, a partition or a statistics to your maintenance plan
- Customize different maintenance metrics like the index fill factor, the reorganize or rebuild index thresholds
- Include heap tables in your maintenance plan
- Enable or disabled online maintenance operations
DMK MSSQL security audit module
The security audit module checks the key points of the SQL Server security. Make your choice among tens of security best practices and knowledge based on our consultants’ experience:
- RDBMS: landscapes segregation, firewall enabled, latest service pack and security updates…
- Instance: default trace enabled, password expiration and policy, some critical instance options disabled…
- Database: distinct owners for schemas…
- Data: transparent data encryption…
At the end, generate a custom report from one or more SQL Server environments, including all or specific security points.
DMK for MySQL
DMK for MySQL, is a flexible and convenient tool for database administrators. Which, allows to easily operate and carry out administration tasks.
Developed by DBAs for DBAs it includes key components based on our expertise:
- Switching from an instance to another by typing an instance name. That automatically allows to adapt variables and instances.
- Enabling and disabling database instance components (i.e. start and stop)
- Intelligent log file purging
Including instance creation and backup utilities
MySQL instance creation
Based on our expertise, we developed a smart utility to create secured MySQL instances which also follows the mysqld_multi concept by running multiple MySQL instances (also from various releases from 5.1 to 5.7 and distributions as MariaDB) on the same database server.
All creation steps are automated trough configuration files, which make the deployment of MySQL instances quite convenient and extremely flexible:
- Standardized MySQL instance parameters
- Secured instance (mysql_secure_installation)
- “mysqld_multi” configuration
- Post-creation scripts
With the flexible and proven backup utility, Database Administrators are able to perform:
- Online backups based on MySQL Enterprise Backup
- Logical MySQL backups (mysqldump)
The utility has been designed to support:
- Pre- and post-backup actions
- Extended error handling (email management)
- Send e-mails with the entire log file in attachment
DMK PostgreSQL helps Database Administrators (DBAs) in the automatic deployment of PostgreSQL based on the dbi services PFA (PostgreSQL flexible architecture). DMK provides strong and robust start/stop procedures over the whole cluster (node management) as well as the management of the log files. Several templates are provided by default:
- for installing PostgreSQL from source
- for creating new database clusters
- for backing up and restoring databases.
In addition DMK PostgreSQL provides various SQL scripts for common DBA tasks (listing users/roles/databases, checking table and index BLOAT, etc). Common monitoring solutions such as pgbadger, pgcluu and check_postgres are included in DMK as well.
Of course, DMK PostgreSQL is based on the dbi services best practices.
DMK NoSQL helps DBAs in the automatic deployment of MongoDB and Cassandra clusters based on the dbi services OFA architecture. DMK provides strong and robust start/stop procedures over the whole cluster (node management) as the management of the log files. Of course, DMK NoSQL is based on the dbi services best practices.
The Java tool developed by dbi services is able to read local and distant log files using SSH. It is fairly simple to use.
The users just have to download a corresponding version with their operating system, or native jar release executable within their Java Runtime (requires java 8_40 or higher):
Key features of this tool:
- Real-time log viewer, simultaneously for multiple files
- SSH integration for remote tail
- Color configuration with pattern matching
- Color templates management
- File list organization
- Start / Pause / Stop controls
- Multi-charset automatic support
- Save of read logs content
- Offline reading of saved contents
- Search / highlighting in content
- Multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac)
DMK Oracle Weblogic
The cost-free DMK WebLogic Management Kit is the perfect tool for infrastructure administrators. It is a platform-independent and standardized script collection for Unix/Linux and Windows based environments.
Numerous dbi services customers trust in the DMK to build a reliable and stable infrastructure and make administration even more efficient!
Based on the dbi services OFA architecture, the DMK WebLogic allows to easily carry out various administration tasks:
- Create a new WebLogic Domain
- Single or multi machines domains.
- Includes scripts to facilitate clusters constructions.
- Manage existing domains using short cuts based on the WebLogic Domain Name
- Manage multiple local or remote WebLogic Domains. Easy switch from one domain context to another.
- Stop/start complete domain or individual WebLogic Servers or clusters.
- Show runtime information: status, listening ports (SSL or not), JVM version, Operating system, etc
- Easy log file finding and viewing
Templates are provided to help in the new WebLogic domain creation, to install the WebLogic Node Manager as service on the operating system.
More Service needed? Profit from our flexible DMK Support. You do not want to invest too much time in the installation or maintenance of DMK? In this case, you should profit from our flexible DMK Support Level Agreements! DMK Support Level Agreements dbi services offers three DMK Support Level Agreements flexibly adapting to your needs. All DMK Support levels will give you access to our service desk during business hours. Depending on your needs, dbi services is able to assure an extensive platform support, execute your change requests, implement DMK releases or Critical Patch Updates, and coach your internal DBA staff in working with DMK.
|Included services||DMK Support +||DMK Support ++||DMK Support +++|
|Platforms||Certified||Certified & supported||Certified & supported|
|Release implementat.||Not included||Not included||Included|
|Critical Patch Update||1||2||4|
|Training||0 days||0 days||2 days|
|DMK Support Pricing|
|Annual fees (plus VAT)||CHF 2’000||CHF 4’000||CHF 6’000|
|Hourly rate (plus VAT)||CHF 170/hour||CHF 170/hour||CHF 150/hour|
You are interested in our cost-free DMK Management Kit?
Please leave us your contact details and we will come back to you as soon as possible!
There are no license costs for DMK, but the first DMK installation must be performed by dbi services consultants. Afterwards, the customer himself can upgrade existing installations or install the tool on new servers. You do not want to invest too much time in the installation or maintenance of DMK? In this case, you should profit from DMK Support! dbi services offers three DMK Support Level Agreements flexibly adapting to your needs.