Being a consultant can sometimes be seen as a lonely job but this couldn’t be further from the truth at dbi services. Every day, our experts interact and organize with each other when consulting with our clients.
Your days will not follow a fixed routine, and will involve service desk tasks, training courses, internal projects and in particular assignments with our customers. What can you expect? The design of high availability architectures, the administration of SQL Server instances and its BI components, the support and maintenance of infrastructure, the automation of tasks and troubleshooting performance issues… and much more.
Find out more about this exciting position here.
What to expect
As an Mi Server consultant, you will provide support to our customers on-site or remotely in various project phases:
- Support for MS BI component environments and infrastructures
- Installation and configuration of on-prem & Azure BI services
- Maintenance of Microsoft BI services and components
- Performance tuning
- PowerShell development, T-SQL, SSIS package, SSAS cube, Report Power BI
- Modelling of data warehouses
- Data extraction, import and transformation
- BI reporting
- Integration into the DevOps world (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery process)
- Automation of architecture deployment and data import and distribution processes
- Advice on and implementation of data security
- Working with tools such as Data Visualization, Data Analytics, Azure Date Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Data Modeling, SQL Azure, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) & Data Warehousing
What you bring with you
If you hold a HES [Swiss specialized college degree], EPF [Swiss federal polytechnic degree] or equivalent diploma, here’s why you would be the perfect match for us:
- You are specialized in Microsoft BI components (SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, Azure Synapse, etc.) and have a good knowledge of SQL Server Engine
- You have proven experience of the infrastructure side of these components
- You have development experience of these BI components and of data modelling
- You have a very good command of BI projects, from design to implementation
- You are curious and keen to learn and develop your knowledge
- You enjoy working with customers and discovering their varied environments
- You speak fluent French and/or German and are proficient in English
Why we are an employer of choice
Continuing professional development
We offer training and continuing development throughout your career at dbi services.
Open-mindedness is pivotal in everything we do, and this is demonstrated through mutual respect and equality in all respects.
The health of our employees
In addition to internally organized sports activities, we offer support to finance sports subscriptions.
Responsible working models
Flexible working conditions, remote working, part-time and up to 10 days unpaid leave (in addition to 5 weeks’ holiday).
Sharing of expertise, mutual support and upskilling are central to our strategy at dbi services.
We always see things from a benevolent and kind point of view.
Want to join our team?
Send your application (CV, certificates and diplomas) in a single PDF file to [email protected]
What happens next?
Once your application has been received, you will receive confirmation from us. It will then take 14 days before you receive an initial response from our human resources department. If you are selected for this position, you will be invited to an initial interview. The final decision will be made after the second interview.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions, our HR manager Magali Blenner would be happy to help at +41 32 422 96 00.
Can you see yourself in this role?
Find out more!
As a Microsoft consultant, you will devote most of your time to consulting assignments and occasionally to internal projects. Like all our consultants, you will receive approx. 20 days/year of continuing professional development. You will also have the opportunity to provide training to our customers and attend technical conferences. Reporting to the Oracle team of over 15 people,, you will be under the supervision of its Delivery Manager. The Technology Leader and colleagues in your team are available every day to support you if needed. In this role, cooperation is essential, as is exchanging ideas, asking for help and helping your team colleagues by sharing your knowledge. #BeSharing is our core value, because unity is strength.
The following are the essential criteria required for this position:
- You are sociable and communicate well
- You want to attend training courses and achieve certifications
- You have confirmed experience of at least 3 years with the Microsoft database server
- You speak fluent German and/or French (C1 level at least)
- You understand and can express yourself both orally and in writing in English (B1 level at least)