3.11.2020 in French & 5.11.2020 in German / ONLINE
Cloud technologies are constantly evolving, and it sometimes becomes difficult to get an overview of the latest innovations or to compare the technologies among themselves. Through this event dedicated to Cloud platforms, we’d like to provide you with a technical and convivial moment. You will discover various services offered by the AWS Cloud to operate a Data Center, what are the possibilities proposed by Microsoft Azure in the context of data virtualization or how it is possible to use the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) for application consolidation.
Our partners Oracle, AWS and Microsoft will be present at this event and delighted to answer your questions.
AGENDA & SESSION DESCRIPTION
Short introduction on AWS and its cloud solution.
- 3.11.2020, in French: Eric Bianchi, Senior Solutions Architect
- 5.11.2020, in German: Matthias Egli, Partner Development Manager
Operating a data center involves many different areas (machine provisioning, OS installation, network configuration, etc.). Based on a customer mandate, this session will present main AWS services to operate data center operations in the AWS public cloud. It will show different tools used to provision both EC2 (IaaS) and RDS instances (PaaS). You will then learn how AWS System Manager is leveraged to automate patching of servers that run in the Cloud or on premises.
- Nicolas Jardot, Senior Consultant at dbi services
Short presentation on Microsoft and the Azure cloud.
- 3.11.2020, in French: Jean-Loup Orgitello, Azure presales at TechData
- 5.11.2020, in German: Okan Topcu, Azure presales at TechData
With the current focus on enterprise digitalization, data management has become a real challenge. Microsoft’s data virtualization technology enables you to federate your data located in Azure and in AWS.
- Christophe Cosme, Consultant at dbi services
Short presentation on Oracle and its cloud services.
- 3.11.2020, in English: Thomas Teske, Business Development Manager Technology at Oracle & Robert Houska, Field CTO at Oracle
- 5.11.2020, in German: Thomas Teske, Business Development Manager Technology at Oracle & Robert Houska, Field CTO at Oracle
This presentation describes how the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) can be used for an application consolidation. Based on a customer project, we will show various steps, such as the network configuration, on-premises integration, database and application server setup, which are necessary to transfer the systems to the OCI. Finally, procedures will be presented to show how systems are made highly available (data guard, load balancer) or how golden images can facilitate the provision of new systems. This infrastructure was set up within 3 days and the migration of 5 customers including the test and production system were carried out in about 1 month. Meanwhile the customer operates 22 clients in the OCI.
- Thomas Rein, Senior Consultant at dbi services