Being a consultant can sometimes be seen as a lonely job but this couldn’t be further from the truth at dbi services. Every day, our experts interact and organize with each other when consulting with our clients.
Your days will not follow a fixed routine, and will involve service desk tasks, training courses, internal projects and in particular assignments with our customers. What can you expect? The design of high availability architectures, the installation and configuration of SQL Server instances, the support and maintenance of infrastructure, the automation of tasks and troubleshooting performance issues… and much more.
Find out more about this exciting position here.
What to expect
As an MS SQL Server consultant, you will provide support to our customers on-site or remotely in various project phases:
- MS database environment and infrastructure support
- Installation and configuration of instances
- Database maintenance
- Performance tuning
- PowerShell and T-SQL development
- Planning tasks and capacity
- High availability: mirroring, log-shipping, AlwaysOn, Clustering
What you bring with you
If you hold a HES [Swiss specialized college degree], EPF [Swiss federal polytechnic degree] or equivalent diploma, here’s why you would be the perfect match for us:
- You are specialized in MS SQL Server database environments
- You bring confirmed experience with SQL Always On and Powershell
- You speak fluent French and/or German and are proficient in English
Why we are an employer of choice
Want to join our team?
Send your application (CV, certificates and diplomas) in a single PDF file to [email protected]
What happens next?
Once your application has been received, you will receive confirmation from us. It will then take 14 days before you receive an initial response from our human resources department. If you are selected for this position, you will be invited to an initial interview. The final decision will be made after the second interview.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions, our HR manager Magali Blenner would be happy to help at +41 32 422 96 00.
Can you see yourself in this role?
Find out more!
As an MS SQL Server consultant, you will devote most of your time to consulting tasks and will do service desk work one day per week. Like all our consultants, you will receive approx. 20 days/year of continuing training and internal projects. You will also have the opportunity to provide training to our customers and attend technical conferences. Reporting to the “Microsoft” team of 10 people,, you will be under the supervision of its Delivery Manager. If necessary, the Technology Leader and your colleagues are there to support you. In this role, cooperation is essential, as is exchanging ideas, asking for help and helping your team colleagues by sharing your knowledge. #BeSharing is our core value, because unity is strength.
These are the essential skills for this position:
- You demonstrate good social skills
- You want to attend training courses and achieve certifications
- You have at least 3 years of confirmed experience in the design, implementation, maintenance and optimization of MS SQL Server infrastructure
- You know how to use the Always On and Powershell tools
- You speak fluent German and/or French (C1 level at least)
- You understand and can express yourself both orally and in writing in English (B1 level at least)