After having installed the Documentum Administrator, one of our test was to open a document. When I opened one for the first time the content was empty although I knew it contained text. But the correct content was well displayed when I opened it a second time.

In the ucf trace file I had:

FINE: pairs: {null: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error}{Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1}{Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8}{Content-Length: 3437}{Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:55:47 GMT}{Connection: close} Jan 27, 2014 1:55:47 PM com.documentum.ucf.client.logging.impl.UCFLogger error
SEVERE: Connection to ACS failed with response status : 0 Jan 27, 2014 1:55:47 PM com.documentum.ucf.client.logging.impl.UCFLogger debug
FINE: Failed processing segment Connection to the ACS failed – status : 0  at com.documentum.ucf.common.transport.impl.HTTPRemoteContentNativeConnector.checkConnectStatus(  at com.documentum.ucf.common.transport.impl.HTTPRemoteContentNativeConnector.prepareInputStream(
at  at Source)


To solve the issue, I had to replace in 


EMC validated my workaround, logged an incident report, and reported a regression bug to be solved in future versions.