- Defining Backup & recovery objectives
- Performing backups
- Analyzing & surviving crashes
- Duplicating databases
- Flashback your data
- KPIs: RPO (Recovery Point Objective) and RTO (Recovery Time Objective)
- Full and incremental backups
- Managing retentions
- Backup best practices
- Crash scenarios: data corruption, data file or database loss, etc.
- Solutions: full recovery, point-in-time recovery, block media recovery
- Duplicate from backup or active database
- Flashing back your data, tables, database, etc.
- Restore point
- Tools: RMAN (Recovery Manager), RMAN Recovery Advisor, Data Pump, Media Managers, adrci, etc.
- Presentation with countless practical exercises and trainings
- Case studies, live demos, discussions
- Networking during coffee break, lunch, and apéro on last day (included in price, except for on-site workshop courses)
- Database administrators (DBA), persons responsible for data security, etc.
Language & documentation
- Workshop training normally held in English; French or German possible instead as course languages
- Documentation: content details, scripts, case study solutions as PDF file (in English)