As an Oracle consultant, you will have the opportunity to become an expert and achieve your full potential in this technology. Being a consultant can sometimes be seen as a lonely job but this couldn’t be further from the truth at dbi services. Every day, our experts interact and organize with each other when consulting with our clients. Our strong team spirit is an integral part of our culture at dbi services. Even though we value the Oracle community and are very active members, we owe most of our success to continuing professional development and knowledge sharing. This is why we encourage our employees to obtain certifications and share their knowledge through customer training as well as carry out coaching, provide our customers with information, give presentations at events and even make blog posts
Discover everything this exciting position has to offer to develop your full potential with Oracle technologies.
What to expect
You will be the main point of contact for our customers and will complete their projects responsibly and independently. The tasks and assignments that await you are:
- Deployment and installation of new Oracle database infrastructure
- Installation, maintenance, administration and patching of Oracle appliance bare metal systems with virtualization technology
- On-premises and cloud database migration
- Patching and updating of databases Use of Ansible for large-scale patchings
- Deployment and configuration of High availability databases (Data Guard for the EE version, dbvisit for the SE version, RAC, etc.)
- Offering new solutions to meet customer requirements (Snapshots, container database, etc.)
- Implementation, configuration and management of database backups
- Database recovery following an incident
- Replication and movement of data using various technologies (RMAN duplicate, Data Pump Export/Import, etc.)
- Data replication, filtering and transformation with Oracle GoldenGate
- Solving database performance issues (studying and analyzing database performance)
- Oracle database administration and troubleshooting (user support)
- Licensing audit
- Shell-scripting as well as creating SQL and PL/SQL scripts
- Preparation of technical documentation for projects and solutions you provide
What you bring with you
If you hold a HES [Swiss specialized college degree], EPF [Swiss federal polytechnic degree] or equivalent diploma, here’s why you would be the perfect match for us:
- You have confirmed experience with the Oracle database server
- You can provide knowledge about Apex and PL/SQL
- Oracle Tuning is part of your skillset
- You have knowledge of high availability with Dataguard or Real Application Cluster
- You are a good team player
- You speak fluent French and/or German and are proficient in English
Why we are an employer of choice
What we do
Want to join our team?
Send your application (CV, certificates and diplomas) in a single PDF file to [email protected]
What happens next?
Once your application has been received, you will receive confirmation from us. It will then take 14 days before you receive an initial response from our human resources department. If you are selected for this position, you will be invited to an initial interview. The final decision will be made after the second interview.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions, our HR manager Magali Blenner would be happy to help at +41 32 422 96 00.
Can you see yourself in this role?
Find out more!
As an Oracle consultant, you will devote most of your time to consulting assignments and occasionally to internal projects. Like all our consultants, you will receive approx. 20 days/year of continuing professional development. You will also have the opportunity to provide training to our customers and attend technical conferences. Reporting to the Oracle team of over 15 people, you will be under the supervision of its Delivery Manager. The Technology Leader and colleagues in your team are available every day to support you if needed. In this role, cooperation is essential, as is exchanging ideas, asking for help and helping your team colleagues by sharing your knowledge. #BeSharing is our core value, because unity is strength.
The following are the essential criteria required for this position:
- You are sociable and communicate well
- You want to attend training courses and achieve certifications
- You have confirmed experience of at least 3 years with the Oracle database server
- You speak fluent German and/or French (C1 level at least)
- You understand and can express yourself both orally and in writing in English (B1 level at least)