At dbi services, we value and support various open source communities and encourage our consultants to continuously learn in order to stay on top of their field. One of the best training grounds is undoubtedly at the customer’s site, where you will be on missions to implement open infrastructure architectures, carry performance analysis, backup&restore and many other tasks. The diversity of clients, challenges and internal processes requires a constant willingness to learn as well as good social skills to communicate with ease.
Discover this rich and stimulating position that combines consulting, service desk and training for our customers.
What awaits you
As an Open Infrastructure consultant, you will accompany our customers on site or remotely in different phases of projects. Here are some examples of topics you may be working on:
- PostgreSQL tools & community
- EDB Postgres & tools
- pgpool-II, Patroni, HAProxy, PgBouncer
- Open source database systems in Docker/Kubernetes environments
- MariaDB, Galera Cluster and Cluster Control
- Performance troubleshooting
- Various Linux distributions
What you bring with you
If you have an HES, ETH or equivalent degree, here is why you are our ideal candidate:
- You specialize in designing, implementing, maintaining and optimizing open source based infrastructures.
- You are fluent in German or French. Good knowledge of English is required.
- Ideally, you already passed a Linux or PostgreSQL certification
Why we are an employer of choice
What we do
Want to join our team?
Send your application (CV, certificates and diplomas) in a single PDF file to [email protected]
What happens next?
Once your application has been received, you will receive confirmation from us. It will then take 14 days before you receive an initial response from our human resources department. If you are selected for this position, you will be invited to an initial interview. The final decision will be made after the second interview.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions, our HR manager Magali Blenner would be happy to help at +41 32 422 96 00.
Can you see yourself in this role?
Find out more!
As an Open Infrastructure consultant, you will mainly spend your time on consulting missions and will work for the service desk one day per week. Like all our consultants, you will have days for training and internal projects. You will also have the opportunity to give trainings for our customers and to attend technical conferences. As a member of the Open Infrastructure team, you will report to its Delivery Manager. If necessary, the Technology Leader and your team colleagues will be available to support you on a daily basis. In this role, it is essential to collaborate, exchange, ask for help and support your team colleagues by sharing your knowledge. #BeSharing is our core value, because unity is strength.
The following are the essential skills required for this position:
- You have good social skills
- You are willing to take trainings and certifications
- You have a minimum of 3 years of proven experience in the design, implementation, maintenance and optimization of open source infrastructures
- You know how to use PostgreSQL, or MariaDB, Galera Cluster and Cluster Control
- You are fluent in German and/or French (minimum level C1)
- You understand and can express yourself in spoken and written English (minimum level B1)