Our Service Desk manages critical environments in several technologies and for many different companies, and you will be called upon to manage incidents such as Oracle tablespace management, backup problems, crashing databases, data synchronization problems, database refreshing, performance problems, and more. Your days will not follow a fixed routine of repetitive tasks; this position is for people who like every day to be different from the last. What’s more, at dbi services, every consultant has the opportunity to continually train, deepen their knowledge through training and spend time on internal projects.
What to expect
Your mission within our service desk will be to work with all our customers, both French-speaking and German-speaking. Your responsibilities will include:
- Contact with customers
- Incident management with various RDBMS such as Oracle (Real Application Clusters, Oracle Database Appliance, Data Guard), PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB on Linux and Windows environments using virtualization systems
- Ticket dispatching
- The on-call service, set up with your colleagues
- Maintenance and administration of a CMDB
What you bring with you
If you have a higher education diploma in the field of computer science or a qualification that is considered to be equivalent, we also ask for the following:
- Proven experience in database management and administration
- Oracle certifications such as OCA, OCP or PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB
- You speak fluent French and/or German and are proficient in English (oral and written)
- You are open to technological diversity (Oracle, Microsoft, Open Source)
- You are able to analyze a problem in depth and find the root cause
- You are able to manage stress
- You are able to explain a problem/solution in writing
Why we are an employer of choice
Want to join our team?
Send your application (CV, certificates and diplomas) in a single PDF file to [email protected]
What happens next?
Once your application has been received, you will receive confirmation from us. It will then take xxxx days before you receive an initial response from our human resources department. If you are selected for this position, you will be invited to an initial interview. The final decision will be made after the second interview.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions, our HR manager Magali Blenner would be happy to help at +41 32 422 96 00.
Can you see yourself in this role?
Find out more!
As a Service Desk consultant, you will work primarily for our SLA contract customers. Our 9-person Service Desk is under the supervision of the Service Desk Manager. With its expertise in a wide range of technologies, the Service Desk works on several technologies in accordance with ITIL best practices. The Service Desk team distributes the roles on a daily rotating basis:
- Ticket dispatching
- The first line, which consists of processing and tracking tickets
- Customer Service Management, as each Service Desk Consultant is responsible for monitoring their own customers as part of a SLA
- On-Call for our SLA customers who want 24/7 access to our services
These are the essential skills needed for this position:
- You are able to administer an Oracle database
- You have confirmed experience of at least 3 years in database server management
- You speak fluent German and/or French (C1 level at least)
- You understand and can express yourself both orally and in writing in English (B1 level at least)