Microsoft SQL Server Consultant (m/w) – Nyon
Be dbi services!
Are you looking for a new professional challenge, to expand your expertise in your day-to-day work, or just a company that’s great to work for? dbi services can make you feel satisfied and fulfilled in your professional activity.
With this job, we offer you the opportunity of having a rich and stimulating job which combines consultancy missions with customer workshops.
Working at dbi services not only means joining a team of experts who are passionate about their work using cutting-edge technology, but also forming part of a company whose culture rests on strong values and which is driven by its team spirit and camaraderie.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You contribute in a responsible and independent way to the success of projects based on MS SQL Server technologies.
- The preparation of pre-sales appointments, the presentation of customer projects and their realization will be your responsibility.
- You accompany our customers on site in the different phases of projects, such as:
- Support for MS database environments and infrastructure, including job sceduling, high availability, scalability, and performance
- installation and configuration of instances
- database maintenance
- performance and tuning
- PowerShell and T-SQL development
- HA: mirroring / Log-shipping / AlwaysOn / Clustering
Your profile (m / f)
- You are a consultant or wish to become a consultant and have an HES, EPF or equivalent degree.
- You are specialized in designing, implementing, maintaining and optimizing Microsoft infrastructures.
- You are enthusiastic about group projects but you can also very well work on your own.
- You are fluent in French or German. Good knowledge of English is required.
Your Work Experience and Training
You completed a higher education in computer science with a degree in engineering, Master, HES, ETS or equivalent and can justify an experience of at least 5 years with Microsoft SQL Server. Your knowledge and experiences include the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012,2014,2016 and 2017
- SQL Always On high availability groups, including troubleshooting and performance tuning
- T-SQL and Powershell scripting automation, task scheduling, capacity management and index maintenance
- Knowledge of replication technologies (transactional, merger)
- PowerShell scripts
Knowledge of other technologies, such as those mentioned below, is a plus:
- SQL Server on Azure
- SQL Server on IAAS and Azure SQL DB
- SQL Server on Linux and Docker
- SQL Server BI (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)
The achievement of following certifications is a plus:
- MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014 or SQL Server 2016 Database Administration
- MSCE Data Management & Analytics
As an employee of dbi services, you will benefit from a wide range of in-house and external continuous training programs to further your skills as well as learn new ones.
Joining dbi services means integrating a dynamic company with highly skilled experts, allowing you to develop your technical knowledge. Labeled as a “Great Place To Work”, we offer excellent working conditions.