Database Service Desk Manager (m/w) – Basel Area
Be dbi services!
Are you looking for a new professional challenge, more responsibilities in your day-to-day work, or just a company that’s great to work for? dbi services can make you feel satisfied and fulfilled in your professional activity.
With this job offer, we offer you the opportunity of having a rich and stimulating job. Working at dbi services not only means joining a team of experts who are passionate about their work using cutting-edge technology, but also forming part of a company whose culture rests on strong values and which is driven by its team spirit and camaraderie.
Tasks and responsibilities
As Database Service Desk Manager (located in Delémont and Basel) you will be in charge of managing the Service Desk team. Typical responsibilities will include:
Direct management of the service desk engineers
- Involved in hiring process
- Vacation validation and planning
- End of Probation meeting
- End of Year meeting – except for salaries discussion which still belongs to C-Management
- Organize bi-annual team events
- Working Time recording controlling/validation
- Planning definition
- Based on signed offers information received from Region Manager
- Guarantee customers’ SLA delivery in time & manner
- Select the appropriated resources for each activities
- Service Level reporting to customers
- Service Delivery
- Event manager
- Incident manager
- Responsible for customers escalation
- Booking controlling
- Check invoicing level of the team using the dbi KPIs and ERP
- Crosscheck level of details for the activity description in the booking
- Continuous Service Improvement
- ISO20000 KPIs follow up
- Tickets review and improvement
- CMDB follow up
- Training and knowledge sharing management
Besides your knowledge and experience in Service Desk team, you are German or French native speaker, fluent in the other language (Level B2 spoken/written) and have good knowledge in English (Level B1 spoken/written). Being stress-resistant is another ability that is required in this position. You are passionate about database technologies and aim to develop your technical skills by passing certifications (Oracle, ITIL, etc.).
Work experience and education
- You bring a solid knowledge base in IT (IT degree from a superior school)
- Previous experience with managing and administrating several Oracle production databases
- Previous experience with IT Service Desk Support is mandatory
- You own an Oracle certification such as OCA or OCP
- Being ITIL certified is a plus
- You are fluent in German (Level B2 is mandatory)
- You are fluent in English (Level B1 is mandatory)
As an employee of dbi services, you will benefit from a wide range of in-house and external continuous training programs to further your skills as well as learn new ones.
Joining dbi services means integrating a dynamic company with highly skilled experts, allowing you to develop your technical knowledge. Labeled as a “Great Place To Work”, we offer excellent working conditions.