Service Desk Engineer (m/w) – Basel Area
Be dbi services!
Tasks and responsibilities
As part of our service desk team (located in Delémont) you will be in charge of the most sensitive and critical database environments such as Nuclear Power Plants, Banks, Hospitals or Pharmaceutical industries.
Your mission in our service desk team is to work on all dbi services’s accounts by providing excellent services and supporting our customers. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Customer contact
- Oracle Incident Management (Real Application Cluster, Tuning, Oracle Database Appliance)
- Ticket management
- CMDB maintenance and administration
Besides your active listening skills, you are curious, well-organized and sharing knowledge goes with your nature. Being stress-resistant is another ability that is required in this position. You are passionate about database technologies and aim to develop your technical skills by passing certifications (Oracle, ITIL, etc.). You are an excellent communicator and are fluent in German (ideally mother tongue) as well as in English (spoken and written).
Work experience and education
- You own a superior school diploma in IT sciences
- You already had the responsibility to manage and administrate several production databases
- You own Oracle certifications such as OCA or OCP
- Being ITIL certified is a plus
- Working experience in an IT Service Desk support is a plus
- Other SGBD-R Incident Management such as PostgreSQL and MySQL under Linux and Windows environments with Virtualization technologies is a plus
Joining dbi services means integrating a dynamic company with highly skilled experts, allowing you to develop your technical knowledge. Labeled as a “Great Place To Work”, we offer excellent working conditions.