Database Service Desk Engineer – Delémont, Basel or Bern
Be dbi services.
Your Tasks and responsibilities
As a Database Service Desk Engineer, you will be in charge of the most sensitive and critical database environments such as Nuclear Power Plants, Banks, Hospitals or Pharmaceutical industries.
Your mission is to work on all dbi services’s accounts by providing excellent services and supporting our customers. Typical responsibilities include:
- Customer contact
- Incident Management (Real Application Cluster, Tuning, Oracle Database Appliance)
- Incident Management on various R-DBMS, such as Oracle (Real Application Clusters, Oracle Database Appliance, Data Guard), PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB under Linux and Windows environments with virtualization technologies
- Ticket management
- CMDB maintenance and administration
Besides your active listening skills, you are curious and well-organized. Sharing knowledge goes with your nature and you are stress-resistant. You are passionate about database technologies and aim to develop your technical skills by passing certifications (Oracle, ITIL, etc.). You are an excellent communicator and are fluent in German or in French and have a good knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- You own a superior school diploma in IT sciences
- You already had the responsibility to manage and administrate several production databases
- You own Oracle certifications such as OCA, OCP or even PostgreSQL and MariaDB
- Being ITIL certified is a plus
- Working experience in an IT Service Desk support is a plus
At dbi services, you benefit from a wide range of in-house and external continuous training programs to further develop your skills and learn new ones. Working with us means joining a team of experts who are passionate about their work using cutting-edge technology, but also being part of a company whose culture rests on strong values and is driven by its team spirit and camaraderie.