Ian Bremmer who is the president and founder of Eurasia Group and according to Oracle “the leading global political risk research and consulting firm. Mr Bremmer is also the president and founder of GZERO Media.”
Sherry Aaholm who is the Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Cummins Inc. “Cummins Inc. is an American Fortune 500 corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products” – wikipedia.
Thaddeus Arroyo, Chief Executive Officer of AT&T Business. Mr Arroyo is responsible for the company’s integrated global business solutions organization, which servces more than 3 million business customers in nearly. “AT&T is the world’s largest telecommunications company, the second largest provider of mobile telephone services, and the largest provider of fixed telephone services in the United States through AT&T Communications.” – wikipedia
Geopolitical analysis with Ian Bremmer
The session started with a videoconference between Mark Hurd and Ian Bremmer regarding geopolitical topics. China has been mentioned as the biggest economy in the world and technology superpower. It has also been underlined the alignment between Chinese company and Chinese Government. Regading U.S they spoke about investment in physical defense vs investment in virtual defense where there is still lot to do compared to some other countries.
Disruption as a constant
Mark Hurd then presented few slides starting with a short summary named “With disruption as a constant – technology becomes the differentiator”
- Data is key asset for business to own, analyze, use and secure
- Virtual assets will win over physical resources
- Cyber teams are the new future
- Cloud and integrated technologies, like AI, help organizations lower costs while driving innovation & improving productivity
He then recapped the predictions he did in 2015/2016 for 2025
- 80% of production apps will be in the cloud
- Two SaaS Suite providers will have 80% market share
- The number of corporate-owned data centers will have decreased by 80%
- 80% of IT budgets will be spent on cloud services
- 80% of IT budgets will be spent on business innovation, and only 20% on system maintenance
- All enterprise data will be stored in the cloud
- 100% of application development and testing will be conducted in the cloud
- Enterprise clouds will be the most secure place for IT processing
and the ones he did in 2017 for 2020
- More than 50% of all enterprise data will be managed autonomously and also be more secure
- Even highly regulated industries will shift 50% of their production workloads to cloud
- 90% of all enterprise applications will feature integrated AI capabilities
- The top ERP vendor in the cloud will own more than half of the total ERP market
Then he presented few predictions that have been afterwards by Forbes and Gartner Reseach to prove that the analysts and press had followed the same predictions…
- In 15 months, 80% of all IT budgets will be committed to cloud apps and solutions – Forbes, Louis Columbus, “State of Cloud Adoption and Security”, 2017
- 80% of enterprises will have shut down their traditional data centers by 2025 – Gartner Reserach, Dave Cappuccio, “The Data Center is Dead” 2018
- The Cloud Could Be Your Most Secure Place for Data, Niall Browne CISO, Domo, 2017
- Oracle, Salesforce, and MSFT together have a 70% share of all SaaS revenue – Forrester Research, 10 Cloud Computing predictions for 2018
- AI Technologies Will Be in Almost Every New Software Product by 2020 – Gartner Research, Jim Hare, AI development strategies, 2017
Mark Hurd then spoke about AI in a slide named “Business Applications with AI” where he presented few statistics in order to better understand in what AI(chatbot, blockchain, aso) can help businesses. Not to mention that all these technologies will be encapsulated in Cloud Services.
- ERP Cloud – 30% of Financial Analyst’s time “roughly 1 full day a week) is spent doing manual reports in excel. using AI, reports become error free and more insightful.
- HCM Cloud – 35% of job recruiter’s day spent in sourcing and screening candidates. This could be cut in half, and result in improved employee talent.
- SCM Cloud – 65% of Managers time spent manually tracking the shipment of goods. With Blockchain, this could be automated for improved visibility and trust.
- CX Cloud – 60% of phone-support time on customer issues could be avoided altogether. With Integrated CX and AI could be addressed in a single call or via a chatbot.
Mark Hurd’s predictions by 2025
Finally he spoke about his own predictions for 2025: By 2025, all cloud apps will include AI
- These Cloud apps will further distance themselves from legacy applications.
- AI will be pervasive and woven into all business apps and platform services.
- The same will be true for technologies like blokchain.
According to him by 2025, 85% of interactions with customers will be automated: Customer experience is fundamentally changing (and will dramatically improve) with these emerging technologies:
- AI-based Digital Assistanst increases productivity and humanizes experiences
- AI-driven Analytics helps businesses understand complexity of all customer needs
- Internet of Things brings customers closer to companies that serve them
New I.T jobs by 2025
Regarding I.T jobs the following has been predicted by Mark Hurd:
- 60% of the I.T Jobs have not been invented yet (But will be by 2025)
and the new jobs in 2025 will be:
- Data professional (Analyst Scientist, Engineers)
- Robot Supervisor
- Human to Machine UX specialists
- Smart Cyty Technology Designers
- AI-Assisted Healtcare Technician
As a summary he concludes with a slide named “Better Business, Better I.T”
- Cloud is irrefutable and foundational
- Next in cloud is accelerated productivity and innovation
- AI and other technologies will be integrated features
- Autonomous database software will reduce cost and reduce risk